The Clarksville Midwives are here to bring compassionate individualized midwifery care to you. Now offering prenatal care, labor, homebirth, postpartum, and newborn care.
- How much do your services cost out of pocket?
We are now offering a sliding fee scale based on your gross monthly household income. Because the sliding scale fee is income based, the total price will vary from family to family. The sliding scale fees range from $2500 up to $5000. We offer payment plans so that you can make regular payments up to 36 weeks of pregnancy.
- Our fees include:
- Regular prenatal visits that last approximately 30-45 minutes
- Ordering of labs and ultrasounds (if you have insurance, it should cover a portion of these)
- 24/7 access to us via pager for urgent needs
- Professional birth tub use is included (a value of $350)
- A home visit at 36 weeks to confirm your home is ready for a homebirth
- We are on-call for you from 37-42 weeks
- A trained birth assistant in labor (a value of $500)
- Cost of the birth for you and the baby
- A home visit 24-72 hours postpartum
- Breastfeeding assistance
- 3-4 postpartum visits for follow up after the birth
- The following items are not included in our fees, as they vary, due to individual needs and preferences:
- The cost of any labs and ultrasounds (if you have insurance, it should cover a portion of these)
- Non-stress tests
- The cost of any medications that are used prenatally, in labor, postpartum, or for your newborn
- The cost of newborn screening, hearing screening, and CCHD screening
- The cost of a childbirth class that we require for all first-time parents or first-time home birthers
- Birth kit and various other supplies for the birth (tub liner, if you are using our waterbirth tub)
- Additional home visits when requested by the client
- Do you take insurance?
We are not in-network with any insurance plans at this time. We can bill out-of-network for most insurance plans, except for Medicaid, Medicare, and TRICARE. We offer flexible payment plans to be paid off by 36 weeks of pregnancy. For more information you can contact our biller.
- Do you take Tricare?
Unfortunately no. As a mixed CNM/CPM team Tricare will not cover our services at this time. We do offer a sliding scale ($2500-$5000) based on your household monthly income minus BAH for self-pay military families. We offer payment plans so that you can make regular payments up to 36 weeks of pregnancy. If you would like to see Tricare coverage for all midwifery services, please contact Tricare and your local Congress person to ask for changes to Tricare policy.
Prenatal care is a time to get to know one another. At our initial visit, we will do a thorough history to determine your risk factors, make a plan for your care, and discuss how best to meet your needs. You can still access all of the standard options for pregnancy screening (such as labs and ultrasound) when planning an out of hospital birth. In fact, this is part of our ongoing risk assessment during your pregnancy. Our goal is to help you have a healthy pregnancy and birth. Occasionally this may include referral to another provider, or a change of plan for place of birth.
Prenatal care is provided at our office on the standard pregnancy schedule. We meet for monthly visits until 32 weeks, visits every other week until 38 weeks, and weekly visits thereafter. Also included is a 36-week home visit.
Labor and Birth
The Clarksville Midwives currently provide homebirth services in Montgomery County, Tennessee. When you labor and birth in your own environment we will bring our supplies. Afterwards we will clean tuck you in to spend time with your newborn.
Postpartum & Newborn Care
Postpartum and newborn care is provided in your home and at our office. Your midwives will file your newborn’s birth certificate and you can obtain a copy from the Tennessee Office of Vital Records in person, online, or by mail. We provide all of the state mandated newborn services including Vitamin K & Erythromycin at birth, as well as newborn screening, and CCHD screening at your follow up visit. Your newborn will be referred for a hearing screen. Postpartum is the “4th trimester” and it is a time of growing and learning for you and your newly expanded family. We are here to support you and connect you with the resources you need to successfully navigate this time.